see how transparent they are... for more than shells

Friday 20 April 2007

a little bit like nirvana

According to Ed (http://edsfalliblethoughts.blogspot.com) my blogs are like Nirvana's music. I rather like the comparisons he draws.

ED: "'inthesource' was like your Nevermind. Came from nowhere, hugely popular across a wide spectrum, much liked and deservedly so. except you were never in it for the fame. and you felt restricted by it, by people's expectations of what you would write and by the fact that so many people were watching you. you so went loy key and low-fi with 'lookatmyshells' just like In Utero. Stripped down, obscure a bit hidden. hoping you'd get your integrity back and peopel would judge yr art for who you are. and your legacy to the bloggin world is the 365, and your actual 365 is like the Nirvana b-sides and rarities. good to listen to, reminds you of the old days, nothing to judge"


I like how insightful this is. It pretty much sums up how I feel about my blogs.

I think I am also keenly aware of the self obsessive reflective ego centric society we live in and see blogs in once sense as an expression of that. THat's not to say blogs are necessarily bad but sociologically I find it slightly unnerving at times.

Still, like anything we can enjoy the wonder of God's creativity through man in technology and go forth and make art!

No comments: